"In the beginning"

Disclaimer

The views expressed in this blog are not necessarily the views of the blog management, (on the other hand, they are not necessarily not the views of the blog management).

No effort has been made to stay within the bounds of the truth in this blog as it has always been the view of the management that the truth should never be allowed to stand in the way of a good story.

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Poetry that stirs my soul


I have become so enamored with the
"Bush Poetry"that I have been posting
that I started to wonder if all the
readers of my blog were as interested
as I am in poetry???
So I have started a new blog
dedicated to poetry
please call in and have a look, if it
isn't your cup of tea just pop back here
for all the usual fun things.
The first 8 poems at the new site are ones
I've already posted here, I headed them all
"Poetry that stirs my soul" todays new entry
is "The joys of farmin'."
Hope you enjoy your time on both sites.


Just a quick entry here, (I've spent bloody
hours on the other one today) these snippets
are to prove that men and women DON'T think
alike.



"IT'S A GUY THING">

Translated: "There is no rational
thought

pattern connected with it,
and you

have no
chance at all of making
it logical."

 


"CAN I HELP WITH DINNER?"

Translated: "Why isn't it already
on the
table?"

 

"UH HUH," "SURE, HONEY," OR "YES, DEAR"


Translated:
Absolutely nothing. It's a
conditioned response.



"IT WOULD TAKE TOO LONG TO EXPLAIN"


Translated:
"I have no idea how it works."

 


"TAKE A BREAK, HONEY. YOU'RE WORKING TOO HARD."



Translated: "I can't hear the game over the
vacuum cleaner."


"THAT'S INTERESTING, DEAR."

Translated: "Are you still talking?"

 


"YOU KNOW HOW BAD MY MEMORY IS."

Translated: "I remember the theme song
to 'F Troop,' the address of the first girl
I ever kissed and the vehicle identification
numbers of every car I've ever owned...
but I forgot your birthday."

 


"DON'T FUSS, I JUST CUT MYSELF. IT'S NO BIG DEAL."


Translated:
"I have actually severed a
limb but will bleed to death before I
admit that I'm hurt."



"HEY, I'VE GOT MY REASONS FOR WHAT I'M DOING."


Translated: "And I sure hope I think of
some pretty soon."


"I CAN'T FIND IT."


Translated: "It didn't fall into my
outstretched hands, so I'm completely
clueless."



"WHAT DID I DO THIS TIME?"


Translated:
"What did you catch me at?"

 


"I'M NOT LOST. I KNOW EXACTLY WHERE WE ARE."


Translated: "No one will ever see us

alive again."

 
"WE SHARE THE HOUSEWORK." 
Translated: "I make the messes;
she cleans them up."

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Peter, Just tried to leave a comment on Poetry Galore, but no
annymous allowed & no OTHER and a
password is needed. Getting very exclusive there.
Bec said there had been a severe storm in Gympie but as you are still blogging guess it missed you. Cheers.

Cliff said...

I can't let my wife see these. She could have written them. Good post Peter.

jules said...

You forgot that most of those comments also have the subtext of "let's hop into bed, right now." Oh, sorry, didn't mean to bust you Peter.

Prerona said...

Peter, these were very funny :)
I went over to the poetry blog - looks promising.

kenju said...

Peter, it is eerie. Just as I clicked on your blog, I got an email beep and it was you! I loe your Bush poetry and I will be sure to visit the other site.

I love the line "It will take too long to explain" and I am well-acquainted with it!

madameplushbottom said...

holy cow... I can hardly read this post peter... I think I must be getting old because even with my glasses on the font looks like its about a size point of 6.

Based on the comments though I believe it must be funny.

Thanks for stopping by my place. My place is sort of odd right now but I am hoping it will become a much friendlier, funnier place to visit in the future so come on by again when you can!

OldHorsetailSnake said...

Very fine translations, Peter.

TLP said...

msmegnolia is right. Type-set is very tiny. But I have good eyes.

Good stuff at a good price. Free.

I've heard some of these lines from my husband. I knew they were lies at the time.

Jamie Dawn said...

"That's interesting, Peter."

(tee-hee-ha-ha)

Peter said...

Hi all, first, if you are here late you will note I fixed the font size in the post.
Also fixed the settings on Poetry Galore.
Jules I hope you are not propositioning me with that, "let's hop into bed right now" comment. (actually I hope you are, but the tyranny of distance.. you know.)

Anonymous said...

Hi Peter,
I'm RYPEN GIRL from Marcus's blog. He is marrying Sparkboy and I early next year. I have finally had a chance to look at your blog and was excited to hear your interest in bush poetry. I have been searching for a bush poem to use as a reading at our wedding...something love/friendship/marriage/wedding themed...do you have any suggestions??....ps...I love A Bush Christening.

madameplushbottom said...

Ok... can I be the ignorant american that I am sometimes... when I first popped on here and saw the term "bush poetry" I was like what the hell.. who would write poetry about george w. bush.

Okay now that I've admitted my ignoramous ways I feel cleansed.

And.. .thanks for the increased fontage - it makes this posting much more humorous for me.

Love it Peter!

madameplushbottom said...

Ok... can I be the ignorant american that I am sometimes... when I first popped on here and saw the term "bush poetry" I was like what the hell.. who would write poetry about george w. bush.

Okay now that I've admitted my ignoramous ways I feel cleansed.

And.. .thanks for the increased fontage - it makes this posting much more humorous for me.

Love it Peter!