"In the beginning"

Disclaimer

The views expressed in this blog are not necessarily the views of the blog management, (on the other hand, they are not necessarily not the views of the blog management).

No effort has been made to stay within the bounds of the truth in this blog as it has always been the view of the management that the truth should never be allowed to stand in the way of a good story.

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

5O,OOO VISITS...You've gotta be kidding


As a tribute to my 50,000th visitor

-----Steve Glossin,

I would like to dedicate this post to him
and the 49,999 who came before him.

Steve was good enough to offer some suggestions for a suitable prize
for being the 50,000th visitor, I believe they included a trip around the
world, or his name in lights, I chose the later as a more lasting tribute
rather than the fleeting pleasure of a trip around the world.
Little did I know just how much trouble this was to prove to be... but
no sacrifice is too great for my loyal readers... nay... my FRIENDS.
So here just for you Steve... YOUR NAME IN LIGHTS.




I spent hours surfing the net trying to find your name in lights.



I found this lovely welcome sign illuminated in the headlights.




We can even bid you enter by the flash of lightning.





Here's to you Steve... your name in lights.



14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Peter, you are a fine gentleman from Down Under. Thanks for the unending laughs you have provided. I hope to be the 100,000th visitor to your wonderful site.

Puss-in-Boots said...

50,000 hits! That's amazing...congratulations to you and Steve. But...I wanted to be the 50,000th. However, I guess a comment on yesterday's post might have done it for me...oh well.

Val said...

Hey Steve, way to go, buddy!

Jeanette said...

congrats Peter 50.000 hits . good on u Steve being that visitor with your name in lights.

Merle said...

Hi Peter ~~Thanks for the comment. The new computer is so much quicker
and is so nice to use. At last !!
Congrats to Steve getting his name in lights. I am just happy if I put the appropriate passwords in the proper places. Doesn't take a lot to make
me happy. Take care, Love, Merle.

Marcus said...

I'm impressed. Makes me want to meet Steve!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks, everyone. But Peter is the one who deserves them. Me, I'm just a Yank living in Germany, who stopped by at the right time. No logic to it.

Marti said...

Congratulations to Steve!

Peter that is an amazing number - Kudos to you!

Best wishes for a wonderful day!

TLP said...

Holy cow! 50,000 visitors to your blog! I am SO impressed.

Congrats to Steve.

Christina said...

Congrats on your 50,000!

And congrats to Steve for being the 50,000th.

Granny said...

Wow and congrats to Steve as well.

kenju said...

Congratulations to you and steve, Peter!

Lee said...

Damn! I would've taken the trip around the world! ;)

jules said...

See, Petey Baby, you're just so dang popular! Can I hang with you...one of the cool kids?