Hi to all, we (Vicki & I) are still in Adelaide and still aboard the crazy ride that Vicki’s health takes us on, almost on a daily basis, it seems that her doctors have it right in the method of treatment but getting the level of medication right is proving to be a matter of trial and error.
On her “Good Days” she is mobile with very little joint pain or headache but the good day tends to finish about lunch time while the “Bad Days” tend to last all day and pretty much iron her out, there have been a couple of adjustments to dosage rates which have given varied rates of improvement.
We are now waiting on the weather to decide what its going to do so we can plan our next moves, if it doesn’t rain (or at least look like it will) Rex is coming down to Adelaide this weekend to attend to a few things he needs to do, on the other hand if it does rain the leisurely pace around Fosters Farm quickly becomes frenetic with 24 hour per day shifts for seeding some 15,000 acres, mainly with wheat.
If it rains and Vicki’s health will allow it we will return to Wudinna and then play it by ear from there, the same thing will happen if there isn’t enough rain to begin seeding but it will be a week or so later which I think would probably be better.
This blogsite seems to have become a pretty drab place of late with not much but health reports (they are VERY important health reports mind you) but let me see if I can find something to cause us all to chuckle.
These are the ladies I shared a few days with recently, one glance will tell you that they were
a happy but serious group of charmers!!! Click to enbiggen if you dare.
Nuff Sed !!!!!
When it comes to the American Presidential campaign.... again I think this says it all.
But let's not forget to have a go at the Aussies too.
Be Proud to Be An Aussie Mate
Some 'obscure' things Aussies will smile about.
Here are 42 top ways to tell if you're a local....
You know you're Australian if ...
1. You know the meaning of the word "girt".
2. You believe that stubbies can be either drunk or worn.
3. You think it's normal to have a leader called
4. You waddle when you walk due to the 53 expired petrol discount vouchers stuffed in your
wallet or purse.
5. You've made a bong out of your garden hose rather than use it for something illegal such
as watering the garden.
6. You believe it is appropriate to put a rubber in your son's pencil case when he first
7. When you hear that an American "roots for his team" you wonder how often and with whom.
8. You understand that the phrase "a group of women wearing black thongs" refers to footwear
and may be less alluring than it sounds.
9. You pronounce
10. You pronounce Penrith as "Pen-riff".
11. You believe the "l" in the word "
12. You can translate: "Dazza and Shazza played Acca Dacca on the way to Maccas."
(Darryl and Sharon played AC/DC on the way to MacDonalds)
13. You believe it makes perfect sense for a nation to decorate its highways with large
fibreglass bananas, prawns and sheep.
14. You call your best friend "a total bastard" but someone you really, truly despise is
just "a bit of a bastard".
15. You think "Woolloomooloo" is a perfectly reasonable name for a place.
16. You're secretly proud of our killer wildlife.
17. You believe it makes sense for a country to have a $1 coin that's twice as big as its
18. You understand that "
can't be called "Woy".
19. You believe that cooked-down axle grease makes a good breakfast spread.
20. You believe all famous Kiwis are actually Australian, until they stuff up, at which point
they again become Kiwis.
21. Hamburger…. Beetroot…. Of course.
22. You know that certain words must, by law, be shouted out during any rendition of the
song Am I Ever Gonna See Your Face Again.
23. You believe, as an article of faith, that the confectionery known as the Wagon Wheel has
become smaller with every passing year.
24. You still don't get why the "Labor" in "Australian Labor Party" is not spelt with a "u".
25. You wear ugh boots outside the house.
26. You believe, as an article of faith, that every important discovery in the world was made
by an Australian but then sold off to the Yanks for a pittance.
27. You believe that the more you shorten someone's name the more you like them.
28. Whatever your linguistic skills, you find yourself able to order takeaway fluently in every
29. You understand that "excuse me" can sound rude, while "scuse me" is always polite.
30. You know what it's like to swallow a fly, on occasion via your nose.
31. You understand that "you" has a plural and that it's "youse".
32. You know it's not summer until the steering wheel is too hot to handle.
33. Your biggest family argument over the summer concerned the rules for beach cricket.
34. You shake your head in horror when companies try to market what they call "Anzac cookies".
35. You still think of
36. When returning home from overseas, you expect to be brutally strip-searched by Customs -
just in case you're trying to sneak in fruit.
37. You believe the phrase "smart casual" refers to a pair of black tracky-daks, suitably
laundered. * tracky-daks are Track suit pants.
38. You understand that all train timetables are works of fiction.
39. When working on a bar, you understand male customers will feel the need to offer an excuse
whenever they order low-alcohol beer.
40. You get choked up with emotion by the first verse of the national anthem and then have
trouble remembering the second.
41. You find yourself ignorant of nearly all the facts deemed essential in the government's new
test for migrants.