"In the beginning"

Disclaimer

The views expressed in this blog are not necessarily the views of the blog management, (on the other hand, they are not necessarily not the views of the blog management).

No effort has been made to stay within the bounds of the truth in this blog as it has always been the view of the management that the truth should never be allowed to stand in the way of a good story.

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Another health update.


We are just about set to fly off to WA to begin the Christmas visit, I am sad to report that Vicki’s health is again a major issue, her body is wracked with pain almost all the time, she is only able to walk very short distances, her hands and wrists have lost most of the power necessary to perform even basic tasks. In short my favourite daughter while still alive,hasn’t got a life.

I’m finding this pretty hard to cope with, as any parent would, and starting to wonder about what my part can be in her life in the immediate future, she has begun a course at a wellness clinic which involves diet, exercise and chiropractic treatment, they are quite sure they will be able to help her, but the treatments are 3 times a week for the first 3 months with reassessments after that.

This is going to mean her moving over to Adelaide for a minimum of probably 6 months, and with the constant demands of the farm on Rex’s time will mean that she would be alone at the unit for much of the time, a situation neither Rex nor I am happy about, so there well may be another round of carer in my future.

The immediate plan is to get the Christmas festivities under way with the hope that some family love will cheer her up; serious planning for the future will then become the priority.

Sorry to launch all this onto an unsuspecting audience but I need to speak/write about it to help clarify it all in my mind, there will be plenty of chances to speak with other family members soon but the aim is not to spoil everyone else’s Christmas with tales of doom and gloom, rather to try to buoy Vicki’s flagging spirits.

I hope I can manage something a little more cheerful for my next post, for those that feel inclined, we would all appreciate the odd prayer and cheerful thought… Thank you.





20 comments:

kenju said...

I will add her to my prayer list again, Peter, and I hope for the best. I know how hard it is to watch that and not be able to help.

karisma said...

Hugs to you all Peter! If I were you I would be right there staying with her too. And as for spoiling everyones xmas, its just another day in the year dear, I would be so mad if someone left me out of the more important support and caring to celebrate a fluffy holiday! Tell the family, let them share in your hope and prayers. Its not good to shoulder the burden all by yourselves.The more love and support you get around you the better things will be. Take care.

Christina said...

Vicki will definitely be in our prayers. My heart goes out to you and your family.

willowtree said...

My thoughts are with you, Vicki and Rex.

Merle said...

Dear Peter ~~ I am so sorry to read this sad post, as well as your e-mail
Please thank Lyn for that.
I do hope the new regime will help Vicki as I feel she needs to have
different health care workers. I will
certainly be praying for her, and also you and Rex. I hope you all have a nice Christmas which you should do, being all together.
Love to all the folks and yourself.
Merle.

Gattina said...

I am so sorry for you to read these bad news ! I only wish that the new treatment can help her then the separation would have been worthwhile at least !
It must be a horrible feeling for you as her father !

Cliff said...

Wow, this has hit me pretty hard Peter. I fully realize the importance that Vicki holds in your life as well as everyone in your family. Family is really all there is that is important and you have demonstrated that over and over. Our prayers go out to Vicki and her family and for you as you do your best to lighten the load. God's speed.
Tell Vicki there's a old farmer from Nebraska who has shed a few tears on her behalf.

Marcus said...

Thanks for being there for her Pop.
Can't wait to see you all.

Love Marcus

Dave said...

Your daughter and her husband are in my prayers Peter.

No apologies for your post. As you've seen time after time on my blog, my favorite saying is:

Shared pain is lessened
Shared joy is multiplied

Don't forget to take care of YOU Peter.

Jack K. said...

Peter, I have been wondering how Vicki was doing. Sorry to learn that the pain is back. I will put a few extra stars by her name on my prayer list.

Your being with her, Rex and the family on Christmas is, by far, one of the bests gifts she can receive.

Every night, as I say my bedtime prayers, Reiki energy is sent to you and your family. Use at as you will. It is sent to bring harmony into your lives.

Thank you for caring enough to let us know the pain you are all feeling at this time. Father's should care that much for their children. You are making the choices that make a difference in your life and theirs.

When Vicki is feeling better, and it would not be painful, give her a gentle hug from me and Maryann.

May peace, love, good health and prosperity be with you all.

Have a peaceful Christmas.

Anonymous said...

My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family, but most of all to Vicki. Keep the Faith and ask the Lord to give you strength to get through this very difficult time. Surround yourself and share with loved ones, it helps to have a support system. God Bless

Big Dave T said...

Sending best wishes and prayers from Michigan for your daughter's speedy recovery. She's lucky to have such a caring dad though. I tell my son who is getting married soon, you're a kid for 18 years, but you're a parent for life.

Ralph said...

We'll keep Vicki, Rex, and all of you in our thoughts and prayers.
Ralph

JunieRose2005 said...

Dear Peter,

I'm very sad to hear that your daughter is not doing well.

I hope you can all enjoy being together at Christmas and that it will lift all of your spirits - at least for a little while.

I will keep all of you in my thoughts and prayers.

June

Alison said...

Hi Peter, I just heard from Karisma about Vicki...I wanted to pop over and give you and her my best wishes and to let you know that I will keep you and Vicki and my thoughts and prayers. Please keep us posted...
alison

Miss Cellania said...

Aww, Peter, I am so sorry. I will pray that the doctors can fix her up really soon. Hugs to you and Vicky!

Puss-in-Boots said...

Peter, I am so sorry to hear about Vicki's downturn in health. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Jamie Dawn said...

I pray that Vicki spirit's will be lifted during your Christmas festivities. I also pray that her health will improve a great deal in the near future. I am so sorry for the suffering she endures, and I know it really causes all who love her to feel sad and angry over her situation. I wish I could wave a magic wand and make her completely well. I pray that God will comfort her and also restore her health. God bless you all.

Pamela said...

oh Pete,such sighs and worries from all of us.

prayers prayers prayers and more prayers.

Walker said...

I'm sorry to hear about this but I am one of those people who believes that we can overcome anything and know you will all be there to help her get over this hurdle.
Christmas first and the rest will be solved one at a time.
If life were easy it wouldn;t be worth living