"In the beginning"

Disclaimer

The views expressed in this blog are not necessarily the views of the blog management, (on the other hand, they are not necessarily not the views of the blog management).

No effort has been made to stay within the bounds of the truth in this blog as it has always been the view of the management that the truth should never be allowed to stand in the way of a good story.

Saturday, October 24, 2009

Riddle answers


THE ANSWERS TO ALL FIVE OF THE
RIDDLES ARE BELOW:

Answers:


1. The third room. Lions that haven't eaten in
three years are dead. That one was easy, right?


2. The woman was a photographer. She shot a
picture of her husband, developed it, and hung
it up to dry (shot; held under water; and hung).


3.. Charcoal, as it is used in barbecuing.


4. Sure you can name three consecutive days,
yesterday, today, and tomorrow!


5. The letter e, which is the most common letter
used in the English language, does not appear
even once in the paragraph.


How did you do?

Congratulations to WT, he got them all right. (by email)

Merle did pretty well too, substituting Tuesday for yesterday
was inventive I thought, not only no "the" but no "E" used.

Christina only did one... but she got it right.

How late was it Robyn when you typed answera?






7 comments:

willowtree said...

Merle makes a good point, and without even re-reading the paragraph, I can confidently state that there is not on usage of 'there, they, then, or their', nor are there any instances of 'when, where, here, her or even an ever' but then that's probably because there are no E's.

willowtree said...

Actually, come to think of it, there's probably not one of the thousands of words that have an E appearing in it in that paragraph.

Hahahaha!!! I know I'm a smartarse, what can I say.

kenju said...

Sorry I missed it, Peter. This computer has been giving me fits!

Pamela said...

Im too late to play.. bUT, I did get the letter e one correct!

Unfortunately I saw some of the answers before I realized that I needed to go to your previous post to take the test.

I would have most likely flunked.

Pamela said...

Im too late to play.. bUT, I did get the letter e one correct!

Unfortunately I saw some of the answers before I realized that I needed to go to your previous post to take the test.

I would have most likely flunked.

Marcus said...

4 out of 5, the charcoal one stumped me. Three days:
Christmas eve Christmas day Boxing day

Puss-in-Boots said...

Thanks for the answers, Peter. Dunno what time it was but it was probably the glass of wine...I can't type when I've had wine.