"In the beginning"

Disclaimer

The views expressed in this blog are not necessarily the views of the blog management, (on the other hand, they are not necessarily not the views of the blog management).

No effort has been made to stay within the bounds of the truth in this blog as it has always been the view of the management that the truth should never be allowed to stand in the way of a good story.

Friday, April 29, 2005

Why I Fired My Secretary

Two weeks ago was my 45th birthday and I wasn't feeling too good that morning

I went to breakfast knowing my wife would be pleasant and say, "Happy Birthday!" and probably have a present for me.

As it turned out, she didn't even say good morning, let alone any happy birthday.
I thought, well, that's wives for you, the children will remember...

The children came in to breakfast and didn't say a word. So when I left for the office, I was feeling pretty low and despondent...

As I walked into my office, my secretary Janet said, "Good morning, Boss. Happy Birthday!" And I felt a little better that someone had remembered.

I worked until
noon, then Janet knocked on my door and said, "You know, it's such a beautiful day outside, and it's your birthday, let's go to lunch, just you and me."

I said, "By George, that's the greatest thing I've heard all day.”Let's go!"

We went to lunch. We did not go where we normally go; instead, we went out to a private little place. We had two martinis and enjoyed lunch tremendously.

On the way back to the office, she said, "You know, it's such a beautiful day. We don't need to go back to the office, do we?"

I said, "No, I guess not."

She said, "Let's go to my apartment."

After arriving at her apartment she said, "Boss, if you don't mind, I think I'll go into the bedroom and slip into something more comfortable."

She went into the bedroom and, in about six minutes, she came out carrying a huge birthday cake --- followed by my wife, children, and dozens of our friends, all singing Happy Birthday.

And I just sat there --- on the couch --- naked.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a good one too. Basically I am just learning to post comments.

Peter said...

That's fine, basically I'm just learning to tell jokes

JunieRose2005 said...

'Why I Fired My Secretary'

I just came across these jokes while exploring your archives!

All I can say for this joke is 'Oh,MY!'

:) - NOW I'll go read the rest of them!

June

http://journals.aol.com/juniper5541/JunipersWorld/