"In the beginning"

Disclaimer

The views expressed in this blog are not necessarily the views of the blog management, (on the other hand, they are not necessarily not the views of the blog management).

No effort has been made to stay within the bounds of the truth in this blog as it has always been the view of the management that the truth should never be allowed to stand in the way of a good story.

Friday, August 26, 2005

Kiwis Are Not Stupid?

50,000 Kiwis meet in Eden Park for a "Kiwis Are Not Stupid" Convention.

Prime Minister Helen Clark says, "We are all here today to prove to the world thet Kiwis are not stupid. Ken I hev a volunteer." Carlos Spencer (well known to Rugby fans) gingerly works his way through the crowd and steps up to the stage. Helen asks him,
"What uz fufteen plus fufteen?" After fufteen or 20 seconds Carlos says, "Eighteen!"

Obviously everyone is a little disappointed. Then all 50,000 Kiwis start chanting, "GUV HUM ANOTHER CHANCE! GUV HUM ANOTHER CHANCE!"

Helen says, "Well sunce we've gone to the trouble of gitting 50,000 of you un one place end we have the world wide priss end global broadcast media here, I thunk we ken guv hum another chance." So she asks,
"What uz sivven plus sivven?" After nearly 30 seconds he eventually says, "Ninety!" Helen is quite perplexed, looks down and just lets out a dejected sigh - everyone is disheartened.

Carlos starts crying and the 50,000 Kiwis begin to yell and wave their hands shouting, "GUV HUM ANOTHER CHANCE! GUV HUM ANOTHER CHANCE!"

Helen, unsure whether or not she is doing more harm than good, eventually says, "Ok! Ok! Just one more chance...What uz two plus two?"

Carlos closes his eyes, and after a whole minute eventually says, "Four!" Throughout the stadium pandemonium breaks out as all 50,000 Kiwis jump to their feet, wave their arms, stamp their feet and scream....................

"GUV HUM ANOTHER CHANCE! GUV HUM ANOTHER CHANCE!"

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Abraham Lincoln once said:
"The probability that we may fail in the struggle ought not to deter us from the support of a cause we believe to be just."

Yet another US President I would have voted for.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

And you critisised my post, (still more favourite people) for being scimpy on content!

Anonymous said...

Okay, the new URL worked and I have found my way to your very funny post. I must admit that after I read that Memories e-ternal is a cemetary board I pinched myself in a few appropriate places to make sure I was still alive. Thanks for making me realize I am still among the living. So glad that you found my site by wat of Ageless Project.

Peter said...

holtieshouse has been inundated by spam attacks lately, I have added "word verification" in an effort to combat this.

Anonymous said...

I don't see any Kiwis leaving comments on this one. Though you are getting a few overseas bloggers these days.