"In the beginning"

Disclaimer

The views expressed in this blog are not necessarily the views of the blog management, (on the other hand, they are not necessarily not the views of the blog management).

No effort has been made to stay within the bounds of the truth in this blog as it has always been the view of the management that the truth should never be allowed to stand in the way of a good story.

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Conversationally Speaking.

The caption for this said; "Guess which is the female seagull."

Now I'm not gonna be rude about this, but, it did bring to mind a
little story that I thought I would pass along via the blog.


It has to do with one of the many differences between men and
women; The story goes that women were designed as the
homemakers and were allocated 5000 words to say per day.

Men on the other hand were designed as hunter gatherers and
were allocated only 1000 words to say per day.

Picture the pre nuclear family, the man goes to work, talks with
his workmates, calls into the Pub (Bar) for a drink, chats with his
mates there and then goes home, having used up most of his 1000
words already, he doesn't have much to say!

The woman during this same time has yelled at the kids a few
times, maybe had a short chat to the check out chick at the store
done her solitary housework chores and is really "on for a chat"
when the man comes home, as she still has most of her 5000
words left unused.

You can see without me needing to point it out that this leaves a
sizable conversation gap, which can in turn lead to other differences.


I told you that story so that I could tell you this one; During
the
time that I co-owned a property with my friends Margaret
and Lyle
we lived quite seperatlely to one another but used to
share an
evening meal, as well as the cooking and cleaning up
after same.

That is to say Margaret and I shared the cooking and cleaning up,
during the washing up time Margaret used to chatter away happily
and it became a social part of her/our day, having just discovered
the gem of wisdom about the number of words we were allocated as
men and women I innocently passed this on one evening as we did
the dishes.

It took 2/3 days for the relative silence of the dish washing time to
sink in (no pun intended) when I asked about it Margaret told me
that she had assumed I was telling her not to burden me with her
excess words, we managed to sort this out and resumed the social
event during dish washing again.


Okay, I told you that story so I could tell you this one; I am
visiting
Margaret tomorrow to help her install a broadband internet
connection, she will then be joining us shortly as the "Margaret"
listed on my side bar, I'm hoping she will get lots of pleasure from
her blogsite as this is the lady who lost her husband and youngest
son last year, and she could do with a bit of cheer for a change.


Following this visit I will continue on to Brisbane and spend the
"weekend with Warren' what a worry" so blogging may be scarce
over the next few days.


Did you ever have one of those days?

San Diego, California...

A Highway Patrolman pulled a car over and told the driver that
because he had been wearing his seat belt, he had just won
$5,000 in the statewide safety competition.


"What are you going to do with the money?" asked the policeman.


"Well, I guess I'm going to get a driver's license," he answered.


"Oh, don't listen to him," yelled a woman in the passenger seat.
"He's a smart ass when he's drunk."


This woke up the guy in the back seat who took one look at the
cop and moaned," I knew we wouldn't get far in a stolen car."


At that moment, there was a knock from the trunk and a voice said,
in Spanish, "Are we over the border yet?"




18 comments:

Miss Cellania said...

SHE: Did you know that women speak an average of ten thousand words a day, and men only speak about a thousand?

HE: What?

JunieRose2005 said...

LOL- Peter, that joke is soo funny!!


Junie

Merle said...

Hi Peter ~~ Good jokes. I am so glad
that Margaret is going o join us. It should give her another interest.
Have a god weekend with Warren.
Take care, Merle.

Jim said...

Hi Warren -- you and Warren have a good visit this weekend.
Good luck with getting Margaret fixed up too. Will that involve a trip to Best Buy (or similar electronics store)?

When I first read your silence at the sink time I saw you guys were quite for 273 days. I had to reread it (a double take at the screen) to figure it wasn't even a whole day, but 2/3 days.

Mrs. Jim hogged my laptop this morning reading your jokes and looking at Australia picutures. Guess I'll have to take you out of the closet for her.
I have you and Waz and Jen in white at the bottom of my link column.
In white they don't show up but I can get to them rapidly.[Swipe the blank space and they show up.]

Do I have permission to change colors, i.e. get you out of the closet? Thanks, then she can read you on her own computer.
..

Jack K. said...

Loved the stories.

Give Margaret our best.

Have a great time with Warren.

Loved the joke even though I had seen/heard it before. If you like funny stories/jokes, etc., check out How Now Blue Cow.

I will check out Margaret's site.

Anonymous said...

Someday a woman will become President (USA) and we'll then learn what's been wrong with the world because she'll talk.

*smile*

kenju said...

Very funny, Peter. Now shut up and let me talk.....LOL

Zinnia said...

Heh, that joke reminds me of some of the people who live in my neck of the woods! EEK!

Raggedy said...

Woooooohoooooooo another blog!
Thanks for the update.
Have fun with your visit with the LOUD GUY!
Maybe you could do a post together..hahaha Peter says....
and WAZZY SAYS...

Have a wonderful day!
*^_^
(=':'=) huge huggles
(")_ (")Š from da Raggedy one

Christina said...

Good joke! I hadn't heard that one before.

Crazedmomof4 said...

I liked the joke.
Look forward to reading the new blog :D

Hale McKay said...

Good stuf, as usual, Peter. LOoking forward to reading Margaret.

Jeanette said...

Hi Peter
Good jokes say hi to Margaret let me when she up and running ill go have a look
take care traveling, Jan

Jack K. said...

Loved Margaret's cats. Going back there when I leave here.

Carolyn said...

LOL! Judging by that last joke though, it would appear that although men don't have much to say, they also don't know when NOT to say it, hehe!!

Cliff said...

Safe trip, eh?
Hoping all goes well. Good stories!!

kenju said...

Thanks for the nice compliment, Peter! I guess I'm not too bad for almost 66.

I like your new photo cube.

Granny said...

Be sure to let us know when she's posting.

I'll be an early visitor if not her first. (time difference you know).