"In the beginning"

Disclaimer

The views expressed in this blog are not necessarily the views of the blog management, (on the other hand, they are not necessarily not the views of the blog management).

No effort has been made to stay within the bounds of the truth in this blog as it has always been the view of the management that the truth should never be allowed to stand in the way of a good story.

Saturday, November 07, 2009

The Wailing Wall

This just proves that we gain some wisdom with age!!!!!


Israel - Jerusalem: wailing wall / Western Wall


A female CNN journalist heard about a very old Jewish man who had been going to the Western Wall to pray, twice a day, every day, for a long, long time.
So she went to check it out. She went to the Western Wall and there he was, walking slowly up to the holy site.


She watched him pray and after about 45 minutes, when he turned to leave, using a cane and moving very slowly, she approached him for an interview.
“Pardon me, sir, I’m Rebecca Smith from CNN. What’s your name?
“Morris Fishbien,” he replied.
“Sir, how long have you been coming to the Western Wall and praying?”
“For about 60 years.”
“60 years! That’s amazing! What do you pray for?”
“I pray for peace between the Christians, Jews and the Muslims.”
“I pray for all the wars and all the hatred to stop. ”
“I pray for all our children to grow up safely as responsible adults, and to love their fellow man.”
“How do you feel after doing this for 60 years?”


Like I’m talking to a f##king brick wall!"










8 comments:

kenju said...

To him I'd say......DUH!! LOL

Pamela said...

I love the message board -- makes me want to cry.

As for the brick wall -- well, duh! ha ha

Jack K. said...

Very funny and very sad.

Apparently the wall isn't the only thing made of bricks. All of us would be better off if we would clean the bricks out of our heads.

Rachel said...

Hi Peter!

I loved the joke about the tale of the lonely man!! That was so funny!!!

Are you sure all those girls are guys??? Gee whiz!! I can sure see them fooling anyone, they look so much like...pretty girls!! That is quite scary though!!

Merle said...

Hi Peter ~~ I really liked the top article. I first saw this in the nursing home when Auntie Edna was there, many many years ago. It sure defines old age and how we don't feel old inside. I sat on the steps and wrote it down.
Failing all that, are you feeling cranky?? When are you starting out
on the trip, and is Warren coming?
Bye for now, Love, Merle.

Dave said...

*ROTFL* Good one..!

Cliff said...

peter, great group of posts here. The pretty boys are a bit scary.
Makes me glad I'm married. (to a female)
The two stories are great.

Walker said...

LOL yup, like talking to a politician