"In the beginning"

Disclaimer

The views expressed in this blog are not necessarily the views of the blog management, (on the other hand, they are not necessarily not the views of the blog management).

No effort has been made to stay within the bounds of the truth in this blog as it has always been the view of the management that the truth should never be allowed to stand in the way of a good story.

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

A Year of Poetry


It will come as no surprise, to anyone who has been a reader here for any time, that I am a lover of poetry (among other things) so I was delighted to learn of a blog from the UK being written by Stephen Saunders.
Stephens blog premise is based loosely on the movie Julie & Julia, you can read  more of this at the beginning of his blog if you haven't seen the movie, his challenge is to write 365 poems in 365 days, a poem a day for a year!!!!
This is a huge task, I wish him well and I am following the progress with interest and admiration, when you have some time to spare have a look at this blog.

http://stephenofbowleyfarm.blogspot.co.uk/

6 comments:

Merle said...

Hi Peter ~~ This man writes some great poetry. I read quite a few, and will go back for more. I hope you are doing well and enjoying life. I have a few problems as I didn't have enough before. Feeling OK though. Just hope your word verification lets me through
Take care Love, Merle.

Lee said...

What a fabulous task! And so very inspiring!

Joy Des Jardins said...

As you know...I love poetry too Peter. Thanks for the link...I'll be checking it out. Hope you are feeling well and enjoying yourself. ~Joy

Merle said...

Hi again Peter ~~Thank you for your comments and concern about my health. I am trying hard to think positive as it is no good worrying about things as it doesn't help and could hinder (bring it on). John said we are all pending which is true I guess. How are you pending? I feel OK.
Take care, Love, Merle.

Saunders said...

Dear Peter, Merle, Lee and Joy, how lovely to read your messages on Holtie House, and to know I have a few readers down under. I do hope I can keep you amused. I am finding it really hard to come up with one a day, so if you do the maths you will see that i am a bit behind. But 108 so far isn't too shabby. Now I am adding an attempt to do some simple drawings and have got a couple of teach yourself cartooning books to work with. I have also arranged to do a couple of primary school workshops and hope that the children will provide some fun sketches and doodles to include soon. I tried to work out how to put a link onto every page to your site peter, without success so far, but I am sure it must be easy and I'll get it figured out in a day or two. Do keep putting the occasional comment, it's very encouraging. Hopefully I will be able to justify them! Give my best to my home away from home, dear old Oz, Kind regards, Stephen.

Web Design Company Jaipur said...

Hey very cool web site!! Man .. Excellent .. Superb .. I will bookmark your website and take the feeds additionally?I am satisfied to seek out a lot of useful info right here within the publish, we'd like develop extra strategies on this regard, thank you for sharing. . . . . .