"In the beginning"

Disclaimer

The views expressed in this blog are not necessarily the views of the blog management, (on the other hand, they are not necessarily not the views of the blog management).

No effort has been made to stay within the bounds of the truth in this blog as it has always been the view of the management that the truth should never be allowed to stand in the way of a good story.

Monday, May 24, 2010

Movie reviews



Movies for this week

The disappointment for this week was;
"Mona Lisa Smile" starring one of my favourites Julia Roberts, I'm not sure exactly what it is about Julia she is not the typical "beauty" although she is certainly attractive, this was a long way from my pick of her films, Pretty Woman, Notting Hill, My Best Friends Wedding, were all far better, this one set at Wellesley College in Wellesley, Massachusetts, left a lot to be desired.
Set in the 1950s this was obviously the school "The Stepford Wives" all attended.
They even had lessons in synchronized swimming with emphasis on the
Smile !!!

It struggled to get a 3 out of 5 from me.


On the other hand we have; "The boys are back" starring Clive Owen British born actor in an Australian-British production.


Filmed mainly on the Fluerio Peninsular near Adelaide, South Australia, this and the fact that I like Clive Owen was what attracted my attention first up.
Owen's character is twice married, divorced then widowed, father to 2 sons, one from each marriage, doing what at first appear to be all the wrong things but which turn out to be good choices in the main eventually.
There is some magnificent "Australian" scenery which include a hillside covered with long grass waving gracefully in the wind, something that always takes my breath away when I see it.
Scene stealer in this movie is George McKay, Harry, the older son, he received high praise from the film critics who have reviewed this movie.
I don't know whether this movie will be readily available overseas, it should be in England but may be harder to find elsewhere?? anyway its worth a search in my opinion.

I rate it at 5 out of 5

No comments: