"In the beginning"

Disclaimer

The views expressed in this blog are not necessarily the views of the blog management, (on the other hand, they are not necessarily not the views of the blog management).

No effort has been made to stay within the bounds of the truth in this blog as it has always been the view of the management that the truth should never be allowed to stand in the way of a good story.

Monday, October 25, 2010

Sad times




Its Springtime in Gympie and once again the Jacaranda trees are in bloom,
I'm about to leave this lovely view that greets me each time I step out the
front door, sadly I am flying to Victoria to attend the funeral of a dear friend.


The photo below was taken a couple of years ago in much happier times.

Keith was my best man and Anne was Jacqui's bridesmaid when we married
way back in 1956... so you can see these are very long term friendships.
Sadly Anne passed away yesterday morning losing her brave battle with
cancer, as so many do.
I don't handle funerals at all well, my emotions have a habit of bubbling to
the surface, but for friends of the caliber of both Keith and Anne I couldn't
not attend.
The tears are already rolling down my cheeks as I type.....
FAREWELL DEAR FRIEND... RIP

No comments: