"In the beginning"

Disclaimer

The views expressed in this blog are not necessarily the views of the blog management, (on the other hand, they are not necessarily not the views of the blog management).

No effort has been made to stay within the bounds of the truth in this blog as it has always been the view of the management that the truth should never be allowed to stand in the way of a good story.

Thursday, April 05, 2012

7th Anniversary

If anybody looks at the gadget under my blogname they will notice that this blog has been in existence for 7 years, having started life on April 4th 2005, if this is of no interest to you then you should stop reading now as the entire post will be about that!!!!

Wow, 7 years, it hardly seems possible that I've been rattling on for so long... and even more unlikely that you, my loyal readers (both of you) have stuck with me all that time.
I have extracted some facts and figures that frankly amaze me...

This is my 1,087th post.
There have been 11,658 comments posted over that time, unbelievable... thank you all.
There have been 100,198 page views in the 7 years.
My readers come from...

USA                       416     well there are a lot more people in the USA than Australia!
Australia                228
UK                           83
Rest of the world   190

total                       917     another fact that amazes me!!!

I like the way these numbers mostly round out in the 100s and 1,000s,

Holtieshouse has evolved from the nothing that it started out as into the nothing that it is today over that 7 year period and it has been a joy to get to know so many lovely people through these pages.
For some reasons that have been discussed before my enthusiasm for blogging has waned a bit lately but I hope to keep it going in some form for more years to come.

No comments: