"In the beginning"

Disclaimer

The views expressed in this blog are not necessarily the views of the blog management, (on the other hand, they are not necessarily not the views of the blog management).

No effort has been made to stay within the bounds of the truth in this blog as it has always been the view of the management that the truth should never be allowed to stand in the way of a good story.

Saturday, February 23, 2013

Holtie Health Update

Marcus here again with an update on Pop's condition.

On the plus side: He has been a bit better each day and is likely to come home early next week.

On the minus side: The Dr has confirmed that Dad has bowel cancer. However, they are optimistic that it hasn't spread and can be treated. First with radiation and chemo followed by further surgery to remove the tumour. This will happen over the next 3-4 weeks we think.

Vicki will stay on while he undergoes those treatments. I have to get back to work so I'm flying home on Monday morning.

Pop has been very touched by the well wishes and expressions of love and support from family and friends. He is still prone to tiredness and has little appetite at this stage. It has been a very traumatic and emotional few days and at times he feels a bit over-whelmed. We are very glad we've been able to come up and be with him and we know he appreciates us being here.

Marcus

9 comments:

Bec said...

Hey, hope u feel better soon.
Thanks to Marcus for the update.
Please let Peter know I've updated Merle's blog for her.
Cheers Bec
(I'm Merle's granddaughter)

Lee said...

The extent you go to to gain sympathy is beyond belief, Peter!!!!

Thanks, Marcus for keeping us posted. I know this is a difficult time for you all, but we're all here on Pete's side of the bed; and our best wishes and thoughts are with him.

You'll be back running up and down those Gympie hills before you know it, Peter! :)

Robyn Lee said...

Hi Peter

Some people will do anything for attention, eh?

Am thinking of you and wish you all the very best, Peter.

Hugs Robyn

Meow (aka Connie) said...

Oh my goodness, only just read this, I have been away. Please pass on my very best wishes and speedy get wells to Peter. Thank you, Marcus, for letting us know. Hope all goes well xx

Dave said...

I just found out Peter.... my thoughts and prayers are with you my friend.
Please get well soon...!

Steve said...

Peter wishing the best for you.

Steve in Germany.

fergiesfabfotos said...

Come on Peter, GET WELL SOON, we need lunch at Tin Can again.Missyou heaps, Jackie and Ken

Cliff said...

Oh man, I came here to see if there were any 'hoop snakes' on his trip and find this.
So sorry to hear about this Peter and I want you to know we are praying for your full recovery.
I fear that Vicki might somehow get even with you for the nursing care you gave her for a while.
I'll check again soon. We need you Peter, Get well soon. cliff

kenju said...

Well, I missed this post. I am so sorry, Peter. I am glad that your family was with you.